Email bug in 2.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavvento, Aug 19, 2008.

1. pavvento macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I searched but did not find any similar problems. Maybe I'm losing my mind, or maybe someone who hasn't updated can check.

When typing addresses in the email field, I used to (99% sure) be able to hit the number button and find a comma to seperate addresses. After updating, when I hit the number button the place where I thought the comma was is now a period, leaving two periods on the keyboard.

Any thoughts?

2. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Interesting...I don't have a comma, either.:confused:

I don't know that I actually need one in the address field, though. Addresses are separated automatically by pressing the + a the right side of the screen.

3. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

May be it is invalid on email address?

You are right the comma (,) is gone, but because of it is invalid character in the address???. It show up on Subject line and etc.

4. mpleonard macrumors newbie

5. pavvento thread starter macrumors 6502

I see that, I guess you would have to click that and click cancel and then type the address if the person isn't in your contact list.

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Type the first address, tap the blue '+' at the right and add the next address, etc.

7. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

8. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Even better! :)

9. pavvento thread starter macrumors 6502

Great, thanks a lot!

10. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It appears that Apple has tried to remove the ambiguous nature of how to do multiple address, by forcing you to use the plus sign to add address to the To: field.

TEG