Email Bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bgtg, Oct 30, 2009.

1. bgtg macrumors newbie

I received a bug that attached itself to my hotmail account addresses and subsequently sent emails to my contacts. Now when I try to send a new email the email content appears in my message section and I can't send any emails? How do I get rid of it?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Get a new hotmail account and don't download attachments from it? Could you explain your problem a little more clearly? I have no idea what you mean by:

3. bgtg thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for not being too clear, I am relatively new at this. I did not download any attachments that weren't screened for viruses by my computer, so I don't know how I got it. When I go to send a new email, the " span advertisement automatically appears in the box where I type my message. When I try to delete it, it re-appears. I can't send any new emails without the adv. appearing.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

5. bgtg thread starter macrumors newbie

6. bgtg thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may have fixed it. I went to the options on my email account where you can enter any information you want to appear on all your messages.
    Like you name etc. For whatever reason that advertisement was showing up as my saved option instead of my name, so I deleted it and re-added my name. Seems to have worked..

7. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

What the heck did you get that setting changed ? Is it a new virus or sthg like that ? Kind of scarry...