Email - can't exit doc viewed in Numbers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sketchr, May 16, 2010.

1. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Once I open an attachment in Numbers, I can't exit to go back to all messages. Even after pressing home button, I'm brought back to the attachment. I can't see any other messages but the one I've previously viewed in Numbers. What am I missing?

Granted, I'm just starting with the iPad now. I've searched for this issue to no avail. Help :confused:

2. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I have also had this issue. I had to reboot the iPad to get out of it. Still don't know why:(

3. mizelly41 macrumors regular

mizelly41

This kind of made me think of a possible feature that could be added. When in a program such as Pages that may have many menus (I haven't used Pages), pressing the home button would return back to the document and then pressing the home button again would return home. Essentially the first press would go "home" in the app and then the next press would go to the devices' home. Think that would be a useful feature?

4. Sketchr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oy. I was hoping this really wasn't an issue and that there was a step I was missing. I too had to reboot to get out. I swore I was able to somehow exist and get brought back to the inbox before. Hmm.

5. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I just had this happen today. I searched for this tread....which I had read previously....hoping there was a solution found. I ended up re-booting. Might have to call Apple tonight.

Steve

6. Sketchr thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is no fix that I can find yet. Keep us updated if you call and get info or a solution from Apple.

7. Red5403 macrumors member

I had this happen with a word doc thar opened in Pages, just tonight. I too pushed the home button, went back into mail, and the doc was still there with no apparent way to get back to my mail list.

I happened to tap on the screen, and a menu/tool bar appeared at the top with a "done" arrow that took me back to my mail list.

Maybe that will work for you?

8. Dorv macrumors regular

9. Sketchr thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't tried a word/Pages doc, but tapping the screen in Numbers definitely doesn't bring up a "Done" icon. No menu options appear at all.

10. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

Not sure if this is the solution with it being Numbers, but I had a similar issue with opening a Word.doc in an email and when I touched the screen in any corner I had a "done" box appear in the upper left portion of the screen. I tapped it and it backed me out of the attachment.

Oops, I see someone else gave the same info a few minutes ahead of me.

11. epi117 macrumors 6502

Was your screen locked in one position? I had this problem and rotating screen gave me the menus option.