Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I am finally fed up with mac mail I keep running into issues and I want more features.

I am looking for an email client that is ideally cross-platform but mac and iOS is ok too. Has options to snooze emails for short periods or time (<24hrs) and remind me about emails in the future. for example with gift ideas if I think of a gift idea 6 months ahead of time I would like an email reminder maybe a week before the event so I can order it in time.

The lower the price the better unless there will be awesome value.

CloudMagic is the only option I could find. Any other options are welcomed.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I am finally fed up with mac mail I keep running into issues and I want more features.

I am looking for an email client that is ideally cross-platform but mac and iOS is ok too. Has options to snooze emails for short periods or time (<24hrs) and remind me about emails in the future. for example with gift ideas if I think of a gift idea 6 months ahead of time I would like an email reminder maybe a week before the event so I can order it in time.

The lower the price the better unless there will be awesome value.

CloudMagic is the only option I could find. Any other options are welcomed.

Ever thought about trying Thunderbird?

Reactions: kiwipeso1

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
How safe are third party mail apps are in terms of security ?

I've always wanted to try one out but wasn't too crazy about the idea of giving a third party app my email log in info.

You can always use the SSL option to encrypt the communication between your email provider and your system. In terms, of actually trusting the email app itself enough to give it your login info, that's up to you. I've never had an issue with third party email clients, but I also haven't used that many of them.

flyingspur

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Dallas TX
How safe are third party mail apps are in terms of security ?

I've always wanted to try one out but wasn't too crazy about the idea of giving a third party app my email log in info.

I do not give a third party my login info. Most will give you a oauth token/app specific password.
I know gmail & outlook do. You can revoke access anytime. I use Airmail for personal stuff and
Mail for business with no problems. Thunderbird works fine but no iOS app available.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I use Cloudmagic and it's my favorite but I will be beta testinG Spark for Mac once it is released. But Cloudmagic is my go to. I have switched to Mac Mail, Airmail, Polymail, but I always find myself back at Cloudmagic because it works even when it's closed on mac & uses very little memory compared to others.

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I use Cloudmagic and it's my favorite but I will be beta testinG Spark for Mac once it is released. But Cloudmagic is my go to. I have switched to Mac Mail, Airmail, Polymail, but I always find myself back at Cloudmagic because it works even when it's closed on mac & uses very little memory compared to others.

Spark is a IOS app only. The cloud magic website does not even load.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
thunderbird can schedule email but you need to install a plug in to get that feature and it only works if thunderbird is left open / active.

Great email client for Mac - much like outlook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.