Email Client

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kirkie, Jan 16, 2015.

1. kirkie macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend a Good email client instead of mail. Thanks in advance...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What are you looking for in an email client that Mail doesn't provide?

3. kirkie thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine is very buggy. Doesn't always close without forcing it and I find I get NO emails for hours, but they are on my phone.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your problem isn't the Mail client itself, as it's extremely reliable for most users. You have some particular issues that need some troubleshooting, rather than abandoning the app. How many email accounts are you managing with the Mail app?

5. kirkie thread starter macrumors newbie

Currently 8 including GMail...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That shouldn't be a problem, as I have about that many, myself. Have you tried removing and re-adding the accounts?

7. kirkie thread starter macrumors newbie

I will give that a go Thank you

8. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

My Mail app has been off the wall. It's deleting my emails from my ISP's server like crazy. I finally just removed the account after trying many different solutions. However, my ISP's webmail is just terribly designed and slow. I need an alternative if anyone can suggest something. Thanks in advance!

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Mail app doesn't delete emails on its own, so there are obviously other factors involved. Have you considered changing to a Gmail account? It's better designed and much more reliable than many ISP-provided email services.

10. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

I started out with this email address years ago. It would be very difficult to move everything over to a new email address. I also have a gmail account I use for separate purposes.

Just to add, I've already contacted my ISP and there have been no server errors or outages on their end.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Can you be more specific about the symptoms you're experiencing? Also, do you have any Mail rules in effect?

12. fcomstoc macrumors member

fcomstoc

When Yosemite came out I switched back to using the OS X Mail app but I had to switch, I was having major issues with my email servers (my own website emails) It was not sending out emails when I would send them, they would just disappear. I checked my server setting several times and I could not resolve the issue. I could not deal with this anymore as I was looking for a job at the time and needed my email to work, so I went back to Sparrow (still my favorite email application) It works great. I have been using it for years and have never had an issue with it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sparrow/id417250177?mt=12