Email client

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Porcomaster, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Porcomaster macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

Hi , guys I need some help , I do ask sorry if already have a topic like that , I did not find it

I take 5 years to make my dad buy a MAC , he is a executive , and he needs a little extra protection , the problem is , he does like outlook and I did buy it for Mac for him , but outlook on Mac is horrible , he had more than 20 issues in less than 1 week , email do not go , email do not come , too many bugs ,

And he is ready to change for another email client the problem is , he likes to see topics on top , and email on bottom , he does not like side by side emails , and he receives more than 10 thousand emails by month , so I need to find something that can Handle pop email , and have template that he likes , and I need to do that before he does not want OSX any more, I did like postbox , but does not show any other template than I look at screens shots , I accept any advices , and I thanks in advance ,

Ps: sorry for bad grammar , I am from Brazil , and do not understand fully your grammar

2. komatsu macrumors 6502

3. Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

4. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

5. KarmaRocket macrumors member

KarmaRocket

In postbox you can change the layout to "Classic" view that will give you what you're looking for.

I use postbox and really like it. It does cost money though, but it's very powerful and customizable.

6. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

MailMate is a really amazing piece of software. Highly recommended.

7. Significant1 macrumors 6502

The built in Mail app can be set to classic layout in settings and look like you want.

8. Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

hi guys , i appreciate every single tip , i am trying built in mail with classic layout as significant1 told me , and if do not work i will try postbox or thunderbird , i would like to try mail mate too , but looks like its a exclusive imap email cliente , and i need pop mail ... thanks for all the help guys .... i am really glad :p ...

9. Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

I am having some trouble to tick off ssl certification , on in mail app , but I think that I did it , if not next step will be postbox

10. Significant1 macrumors 6502

If possible you really should use SSL and the corresponding port-number. I am sure the mail-provider supports it, if you check their documentation. If you are not using SSL, your mail's are not encrypted but send as plain text and easy to read for everyone who could intercept them. You also should get rid of pop3 and start using iMap/exchange (http://www.pop2imap.com/).

11. Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

thanks for the advice , it really have it , but it custs 3 times normal plan .... not worthy , not for now at least , but in-mail app don't let me tick it off , it keeps tiking back on 0.o ... why does it give us the option to tick it off , if it will try to get it on again 0.o

12. Significant1 macrumors 6502

What costs 3times? If it is imap/exchange or lack of serverspace, then you can likely set up an forward in webmail and use some cloud mail like gmail/icloud/outlook etc. as your real mail-server. With proper configuration it can be done, without the person at the other end knows about it. I have done it for a few persons.

That ssl is not sticking sound strange. Maybe some of your settings are conflicting. But more details are needed. I have 1 exchange and 2 imap using ssl without problems.

13. Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

We use a custom server in Brazil , locaweb.com.br , so we have our own company e-mail , but I will talk with server administrator and see if is possible to activate ssl , for sake of security , thank you for your help

14. Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

i came here , to thank all you guys , my dad give up on macbook , he will return to windows , maybe i will try a few years from now , at least i am happy that he already uses iPhone :p , i appreciate every help that you gave me :p ... and at least i won a new laptop :p ... i would prefer that he liked it , but nothing is lost , will try again :p ... have a good years guys :p

15. komatsu macrumors 6502

Your're welcome.

As a matter of interest what annoyed him most about OS X?

16. Porcomaster, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

Porcomaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Porcomaster

in order of events

1- not able to send email ( outlook bug )
    2 - not able to read/see email , too bright , colors almost the same , no option to change colors , ( in-mail app )
    3 - not able to search on "search bar ", he would search letter C and hit enter , and e-mail would find just letter C , not any world with letter C , i know that is possible but it's not easy to do it (in-mail app)
    4- not able copy and paste , i know that it's easy cmd + c , cmd + v , but he did not ask me , so he keeps trying on ctrl + c , ctrl + v (OS X )

that's is it :p ... and the fact that he is a business man and couldn't use e-mail for about a month ...

17. Crusader007 macrumors member