Email coming in, stalls my mail app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wiredsc, Jul 4, 2007.

1. wiredsc macrumors member

wiredsc

I am trying to receive an email with a small mp3 file attached, it has been sent from a pc (this may or may not make a difference.)

Anyway the problem is that it is stalling my mail application. If I view my activity panel it shows the blue progress bar fill up and then stop where it is, no other tasks are completed and now my mail is constantly saying it is busy getting mail.

I can write emails but they are never copied to outbox, just added to the queue.

We have tested this on the other macs and its happened to all of them, so now we have 3 macs all with stalled mail applications.

Is there anyway I can now prevent this email from coming in? I have pressed stop in my activity panel but all that does is come up saying 'STOPPING : email' and remains like that.

If anyone has any information that could help we would greatly appreciate it.

Application is Mail 2.1.1 on OSX 4.10 Intel

Thanks in advance.

2. Soschil macrumors member

If your email account has a web interface go that way and delete the message.

3. wiredsc thread starter macrumors member

wiredsc

You know, somehow we managed to dig out our original passwords from years ago, and have just done that! worked like a charm.

Thanks for the quick response!

4. Soschil macrumors member

No trouble - glad it worked :)

Nice way to start posting on MR ;-)