Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamboUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Hi.

I have an email address set up which I consider to be my main email address. This address is set up to forward to a googlemail account which is where I collect from on the PC or iPhone.

Is there anyway on the iPhone for me to have the return address of my main email address as opposed to the googlemail address when I send email from it? So anyone getting a reply to an email or any email from my iphone sees and replies to the main address and not the googlemail address?

I know this is extremely easy on the Mac and PC. iPhone it doesn't look to be!

Thanks.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
In order to send from that account, you will need to set it up on the iPhone.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
You cannot set the Reply-to address in the iPhone version of Mail. I wish we could.

mdhwoods

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Most mail servers also do not allow relaying. If your return address is different from the the server you are sending from it may bounce back also.

mikd

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
i have an Exchange account working with a gmail, return address. It's possible but you do need an second account set up.

mdhwoods

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
i have an Exchange account working with a gmail, return address. It's possible but you do need an second account set up.

then your exchange server is set up to allow forwarding. most providers block this on purpose. It is a means to block spam that has tons of different return address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.