email DOES NOT come in every 15 minutes.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eshem, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. eshem macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    #1
    i was upset when i checked the settings and the fastest options was 15 minutes. but i guess ill have to live. but my mail does not sync every 15 minutes. its now 2:09 and my aol account was last check at 1:33. same with all four other accounts. they check whenever they please. and thats not quick. :mad: anyone else have this problem? thanks.
     
  2. unity macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2005
    Location:
    Green Bay, WI
    #2
    Well you have to have edge or WifI access to check, maybe you were in an area of no connectivity. Also, it checks when you open mail so the last time checked should update then too. Is it not updating the last time checked status?
     
  3. Furgster macrumors 6502

    Furgster

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2007
    #3
    ya, if you have no service it wont update at all
     
  4. Aniej macrumors 68000

    Aniej

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    #4
    first, are you sure you actually got any mail during this time when you were waiting? I have noticed it sometimes does not run the updating dialogue unless it is actually getting new mail.

    second, i have been really pleased with how quickly gmail comes to me both on edge and wifi. I have seen mail arrive on my MBP which check every minute and heard my iPhone ding about 2 minutes later. This happens close to 80% of the tim for me the remaining 20% I would say worst case it comes in every 5-9 minutes.

    gmail's stupid duplication of messages sent on the other hand makes me wish I had your problem.;)
     

Share This Page