Email doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 213rules, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 213rules macrumors member

When I try to log on to my Yahoo mail account, it doesn't work. I have changed my password 3 times, but no, nothing happens. Other email accounts work, just not this one. How can I fix this?:confused:

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

3. TheKitchenSink macrumors newbie

Unfortunately you can't use free Yahoo accounts with the mail application. If you want to use Yahoo mail on your iPod then you have to sign up for their premium membership.

I had this same problem. I would recommend setting up a gmail account.

4. 900hwy165 macrumors newbie

Not so - I have a free yahoo account and receive all my yahoo mail without any issue on my ipod touch.

5. topcash macrumors member

try deleting the yahoo account and then re enter your data. [​IMG]

6. 213rules thread starter macrumors member

really? because when I use my backup email accounts they work (they are free yahoo accounts).

7. TheKitchenSink macrumors newbie

Oh, because when I tried to set up my free Yahoo account on my touch it wouldn't let me. So I looked it up and found out that free Yahoo accounts don't work with the Mail app on the iPod and OS X.

Actually I found a website where you can forward the messages from your Yahoo account to your iPod's mail.app. But you had to pay for it.

Maybe they've changed since I tried?

Oh well, I only use my gmail account now so it's fine.

8. 213rules thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone help me with this? I have contacted Yahoo, and they don't know what to do. By the way, how can I email Apple for help?

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yahoo never worked pre-1.1.3 paid update once they introduced the mail app officially to ipod then yahoo would work

10. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

I can't access my Yahoo! email on my 2G touch either. This has only started happening this past week.

Edit 29/10: can now send and receive messages from my Yahoo! account without a problem.