Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexismybro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
i can not send emails from my iPhone - when i send the reply is "email address not valid" this also happens when i reply to an email sent to me.

very frustrating.....is there any tweaks or settings that i am missing? my phone is 2.0 and cracked.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
i can not send emails from my iPhone - when i send the reply is "email address not valid" this also happens when i reply to an email sent to me.

very frustrating.....is there any tweaks or settings that i am missing?

which email address is not valid? the from or to email address?

cwieberdink

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2008
I am having the exact same problem. here is what it does:

I receive an email from "John Smith" It shows up as From: "John Smith" To: "cwieberdink"

I read the email, scroll down and hit the "reply" button. It should just go back to the sender, right? Wrong.

It shows on the reply, TO: "John Smith" FROM: "cwieberdink" but then it sits in my email box forever, and I get an error message that it is not a valid email address.

I am wondering why it wouldn't pull the email from the contact information, ESPECIALLY when hitting the "reply" button. it should just go right back to the sender's original email addy.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.