Email Feature I have come to love is missing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lowlifeplayer, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Lowlifeplayer macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have used IPad's starting from day one of their introduction. In fact I still have one of the original AT&T unlimited IPad subscriptions. I have used MacBooks and have a number of iPods. In all this time I have never used an iPhone. I did not like the level of restrictions associated with the product. In any case when the 6 Plus was introduced my thoughts were "Hmmmmm". I now have a 6 plus and love it. Ramble over.

My question is this: "How can I turn email messages into calendar events". On my other phones [android, windows, blackberry] I simply click on the email and I can turn it into a calendar event so that I can follow up on the item. I am aware that in ios if someone includes a date or time in an email I could then click it and turn those into calendar events, but I want to be able to do it to all emails.

Let's say I have an email with important information in it, but I cannot address it for a couple of days. I want to be able to click it, turn it into an event with the email contents included, then set the date so that time slot is filled.

Thoughts?

2. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I'm not sure there's a way in iOS8. I use Evernote for that. I forward that email to evernote and add a reminder in the subject and it pops up on my calendar (I use the sunrise app) at whatever date I chose.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23480523

3. Lowlifeplayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. That process does sound like it will work. It is sad that what could take one click will be a multi-step, multi-app process.

Just had a thought, is there a way to make a "reminders" out of emails?

4. BlueJ85 macrumors newbie

I really hate relying on apps for things like this but have you thought about the mailbox app? You can snooze emails but the last I heard it worked only with gmail.

5. Lowlifeplayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you BlueJ85,

That app looks really nice. Unfortunately, I use my phone a lot for work which is based on Microsoft exchange. If they start to support exchange I will give it a shot.

I am really surprised that such a simple feature as what I described is not available. I am even more surprised that not many people in the world of Apple seem to be requesting it. The number of professionals with an iPhone is pretty large.

6. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Hmm, can't you just flag the email for follow up? I haven't messed with it indepth yet but I think it will pop up as a reminder on the date you set.

7. Lowlifeplayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply Black Manioc

When I hit the flag it just adds a dot to the email. It does not give an option to date it.

I am an email fanatic and never have more than 3 items or so in my inbox. I try to act on everything as they come in. Any act that would result in the email remaining in the inbox would drive me crazy. Your idea was good though.

8. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

This is the same company that doesn't let you attach files when composing an email and encouraged you to do a majority of you work with an iPad. There are a lot of features missing.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can attach whilst composing

10. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Not a pdf.

11. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

With iCloud Drive you can attach anything you want now.

12. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Wow. Thank god for iCloud Drive. Now I just need Yosemite to get here. Welcome to 2010.

13. Fant macrumors regular

14. Bobo03 macrumors regular

Still can't attach a pdf to an email? Not a big let down for me, I rarely need to do that, but still.

15. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I'm the same way with my email. Also use mailhub for sox for my folders- check it out op.

But what you are looking for does not yet exist yet unfortunately on iOS that I am aware. As far as iCloud I assume you have to start in iCloud with the PDF, then compose email, not attaching while typing?

16. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Maybe you can send a message to Apple. Mail really hasn't had a refresh in awhile.

17. Lowlifeplayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the post. I looked and could not find an app called mailhub.

----------

Good idea. I will send them an email.

----------

That is a big omission if Apple wants enterprise adoption.