Email Fetch..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by esadb, Aug 15, 2009.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

I dont know whats going on but the Iphone when in sleep mode (dark screen) if its set to fetch and lets a wifi or data connection is present would still fetch for new email correct? If its set to fetch every 15 or 30mins.

Because for some odd reason my iphone stopped doing that, but i took "Push" off, but i shouldnt need to have it on as im using gmail anyways.

Any advice?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Go to your advanced settings under fetch. What do you have gmail set to do (push or fetch).

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Only option i have is fetch and manual. But it was set under fetch.

Weird thing is the phone is in sleep, once i hit the home button just to sort of wake it up but not type in my passcode a few minutes later the phone rings and tells me there is a email..

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, I want to get it clear:

Under settings for mail it has a setting for fetch new data. What is it?

Then under fetch new data what is fetch set to?

Then further down the screen is advanced. click on it and what do you for your gmail?

5. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

First option is Fetch then for 15minutes, under advanced for gmail is set to fetch.

6. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Happens to me too occasionally, in fact its happened on every smartphone I've ever had that wasn't a BlackBerry.

Not sure what the issue is, but just like you said it won't check while asleep, then when I turn the screen on it will check and alert me of new email when its done.

7. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Well i fixed it.

What i did is reboot the iphone, hold the sleep+home button for 10 seconds until the apple logo appears then let go.

I send myself an email, let the iphone sleep and waited. And 15minutes after exactly the email sound was on. So must of been something with the software.