Email freezes when replying??

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Arelunde, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Arelunde, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Anyone had this problem - you go to answer an email and when you're done typing, you notice the cancel/send buttons are grayed out, the screen freezes (but you can still type) and only a hard reset brings the email app back to normal... and you have lost part or all of your response.

Usually, this happens after I've been interrupted in writing the response and saved it to the "drafts" folder. When I re-open it, the above situation occurs about 50 percent of the time. It's a PITA, but I can't figure out why it happens.

I can back out of the email (it's iCloud email) app and work in other apps, but if I re-open the email - it's stuck in the same situation. BTW, I checked to see how many apps I have open this most recent time, and it was only the basics (mail, contacts, calendar, app store).

2. Arelunde thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've done some research and it appears this is not an unusual problem with iCloud email. There's a long thread in Apple's forum on this very thing. No solution. Appears to be an iOS5 "glitch". There's hope expressed that the next update will offer a fix.