Email from applecare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hardcoredan52, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

When I updated to 3.0 I lost my 3G signal for about a day. I posted on the apple discussion boards just to find out that At&t were dropping the ball in my area. But I just rec'd this email from apple care:

My name is Tim, I am with the helpdesk at AppleCare.
    If you've seen my colleague, Jason, post you may have noticed the Apple logo near his username; there is also an announcement here: http://discussions.apple.com/ann.jspa?annID=378

I would like to gather more information about the issue you described in this thread: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9659110� and pass it along to our engineering group.
    If you would like to participate please follow the instructions below and reproduce the issue, sync the iPhone, and then send me the logs.

First enable Telephony logging by "dialing" special phone numbers:
    1) Dial *5005*62#
    2) Tap Call. You should see the message "MobileAnalyzer: enabled=true, fullTrace=false; lowLevelTrace=none; traceLevel=4". Tap Dismiss.
    3) Tap the backspace key enough times to clear the previous number
    4) Dial *5005*278#
    5) Tap Call. You should see the message "Artemis: enabled=true; fullTrace=false; aeneasFlags=default". Tap Dismiss.
    6) Tap the backspace key enough times to clear the previous number
    7) Dial *5005*2673#
    8) Tap Call. You should see the message "CoreDump; enabled=true". Tap Dismiss.
    9) Restart the iPhone by holding the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears> then slide to turn off> and turn the iPhone back on by pressing the Sleep/Wake again
    10) Reproduce the issue
    11) Capture a log snapshot by dialing *5005*78283#
    12) Tap Call. You'll be prompted to add a description; tap Reply, leave the input field blank, and tap Send.
    13) Connect your iPhone to iTunes, and click the Sync button in iTunes to copy the logs to your computer.

(Disable logging as soon as possible since the logs can quickly fill your iPhone's storage)

To Disable Logging:
    14) Dial #5005*62#
    15) Tap Call. You should see the message "MobileAnalyzer: enabled=false, fullTrace=false; lowLevelTrace=none; traceLevel=4". Tap Dismiss.
    16) Tap the backspace key enough times to clear the previous number
    17) Dial #5005*278#
    18) Tap Call. You should see the message "Artemis: enabled=false; fullTrace=false; aeneasFlags=default". Tap Dismiss.
    19) Tap the backspace key enough times to clear the previous number
    20) Dial #5005*2673#
    21) Tap Call. You should see the message "CoreDump; enabled=false". Tap Dismiss.
    22) Look on your computer for the logs copied over in step #13:

Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Apple
    Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<device-name>\Baseband\

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Apple
    Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<device-name>\Baseband\

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<device-name>/Baseband/
    * the tilde(~) represents the Home folder. Just launch Finder> click Go> Home.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Timothy McGrath
    timothy.mcgrath@apple.com

Jason Lawrence
    lawrence.j@apple.com

........... Anyone got this too..?

2. entity macrumors regular

Wow!

That is quite the diagnostic process. It is quite refreshing to see Apple team members active in the discussion boards. It really reassures the user that they are hard at work to correct the problem.

Good luck with your issue!

3. milani macrumors 68000

milani

That probably means don't post this on the internet...