Email from AT&T about online iPad account management

Discussion in 'iPad' started by medgirl2001, Nov 13, 2010.

1. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

I got an email today from AT&T saying it would now be possible to manage an iPad account online. I was happy to hear that, since currently there is no way to figure out how much data AT&T thinks you're using if you are on the grandfathered unlimited plan. So the address they give for this is http://www.att.com/ipad, but that just brings you to their main page about the iPad. Trying to register or sign in doesn't work. It says you are supposed to be able to use "the same login credentials as on the iPad." What's more, now if I try to access account information from the iPad itself, I get a message about maintenance.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Am I completely missing how to do this?

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Nope

I have the same trouble you have. It's great that they tested it and made sure it was ready before notifying customers about it!

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm really hoping it tracks usage as well. I guess we will see after they get it working.

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Finally working now. The site that is. Not sure if you can access data usage. After a quick login I don't think so.

5. medgirl2001 thread starter macrumors regular

I see. Can't tell anything about data usage. That's pretty useless.

6. Meever macrumors 6502a

OH MY GOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS LINK!

My iPad went nutter butters and I had to return in. When I asked Apple guy about how I go about canceling the data plan he told me to use the att site or speak to someone at a att store. I couldn't find a place to cancel via website so I went into the store. After 30 minutes of waiting I got a bunch of stupid answers followed by a "It's all handled through the iPad we have no control over it, you will need to speak to the bank."

They already charged me so I'm in the middle of getting it reversed but I'm glad I don't have to worry about it anymore XD

God damn att....

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

8. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Well am I supposed to use the mobile number of the iPad to sign in? It won't let me use the email address user that it was setup with through the iPad.

If I use the mobile number of the iPad, do I still use my password that I log in with through the iPad directly or do I have to set it all up as new?

Not the same credentials for sure unless I'm missing something.

9. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

I received that email as well, making sure it was legit first.

They really should include data usage, I have the 2gb plan but I found I only used around 300mb last month according to usage in settings (general under about), most of which was from remote desktop software (desktop connect), seems to move a lot of data even with compression enabled. Now that I have Netflix installed, data use may go up quite a bit.

10. dew215 macrumors newbie

login info

I'm still confused? What username and password combo should i be using to login?

11. medgirl2001 thread starter macrumors regular

It's whatever email address and password you used to set up your account through your iPad.

12. KINetics macrumors member

You have to click the Green button "Add Data Now" to take you to the proper login screen.

Here it: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

Use the email and password you used when 1st setting up your ipad.

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

14. Ksane macrumors regular

They do show online usage, I just now looked.

15. medgirl2001 thread starter macrumors regular

Mine doesn't (unlimited plan).