Email From Bank of America - "Card Added To Apple Pay"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inframan, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

In case anyone was wondering what the conformation email looked like from Bank of American after adding a new card to Apple Pay.

2. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Yup, I got the same thing. Weird thing is I got the same email twice. Initially had a problem where they mixed up my cards.

3. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

For some reason my BOA Cash Rewards card doesn't show the right card image in Passbook, although it has been seen in demos and the Apple website.

Anyone else with BOA Cash Rewards card notice this?

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I have boa cash rewards. If I do decide to use Apple Pay, I'll report back here.

5. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I found it odd that I had to actually CALL and talk to a REAL person to activate my Debit card on Apple Pay. My BofA Credit card activated within seconds. Seems like this system can't work long term, the number of people needed to handle the activations. :eek: It's weird, I am so accustomed to talking to a bot when calling BofA, I was almost speechless when somebody actually said "hello."

6. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

What does it look like on Apple Pay for you? I have the same card, but it looks fine in PassBook.

7. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

You were able to add a virtual card number? Not the actual one? That is interesting...

8. Lylyluvda916 macrumors regular

9. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I was surprised too. I figure it's because Apple Pay just came out and they either don't have an automated system set up yet, or it's to help customers who may have questions. When I entered my second credit card, it was completely automated; I didn't even have to call a number. This system can definitely work long term. I don't know why you are doubting it.

10. Eitel macrumors regular

When you add your card, BoA creates a virtual CC number. It never uses your real card number.

11. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Thanks for the screenshot, now I've got the perfect template for my phishing emails I'm going to send out. Heck, even got the full email address there. I should be able to just change one letter and no one will be the wiser! ;)

12. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

[​IMG]

13. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Whoa, that's really weird. So your real card is a regular BoA card, right? No U.S. Trust involvement?

Also noticed it doesn't do special cards. When I inputed the BoA MasterCard from my alma mater, it went through. But the image of the card on the phone is just a generic BoA credit card.

14. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

Go Away Noob.

15. normanfox macrumors 6502a

My wife and I share the same BoA credit card account. I can activate my card from passbook. my wife's card failed to be verified/activated, and she had to call BoA to activate her credit card.

16. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

It's the Cash Rewards card. A little annoying not having that right image but whatever.

17. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Hardly. I've been around here for years. :)

18. PLin macrumors 6502

My Cash Rewards card looks like that too. My Travel Rewards card looks fine though.

I had to call BoA to verify all of my cards, which was very annoying. I wonder if it's because my billing address in iTunes is different than what I use for my BoA credit cards.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I got the same email also.
    Never had to call in to verify the Apple pay addition.
    A chase card gave me the option to either call them, receive a text on my phone with a security code to enter or to get an email.
    So far it's been pretty easy.
    I only added 3 cards. There was a few that were not able to be added yet due to no support yet.

20. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

It depends on the card. My Southwest Visa from Chase has the right image on it.