Email From Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mynameismatt89, Sep 10, 2007.

1. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I am interested in finding an application that I can have all my email acounts (hotmail, yahoo, a University email account) all in one location.

What I want from this application is to be able to be notified when I received new emails rather than having to log onto each webpage and sign in doing that. I have tried using Mail and installing plugins but have been unsuccessful. I would also like to be able to compose emails from this application on my different email accounts if possible (if not, oh well...)

Can anyone help me find a program that can do all this, or necessary plugins I need for this to work?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

It doesn't matter what program you use, if the email service you use doesn't allow anything but web access, like hotmail iirc, then no program for any computer on the planet can do it. The best you can hope for in those instances is setting up email forwarding there which will forward all your emails received there to another address that allows direct email client software to access the account directly.

OS X's mail.app really is exactly what you're asking for.