Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buying Juice Pack for extended battery life?

• Total voters

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
If any other information is out please share it. Not sure why they can't announce an estimated date for an 5 battery case.

Last edited:

jasonbaum

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
Arlington VA
After having a juice pack on my iP4 I decided to go with an external battery (New Trent) rather than adding bulk to my iP5.

I just love the design and balance of the 5 so much I didn't wanna muck it up with the added bulk. The external battery sits in my backpack which I have with me almost all the time during the day and if I'm going out at night I make sure I have a full charge.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
LOL just won the power a day station.

Woo Woo

Better than nothing, can't beat free =)

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
We've got the link to buy the new Mophie iP5 case a couple posts above. Does anyone have any coupons that work with it? All the retailmenot ones aren't working.

Final cost estimated with shipping is $90.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
We've got the link to buy the new Mophie iP5 case a couple posts above. Does anyone have any coupons that work with it? All the retailmenot ones aren't working.

Final cost estimated with shipping is $90.

Not that i know. I would just buy it. Got confirm email already. Site was slow not sure if it was based on demand or not

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
that and Lightining on the external not micro usb, but not sure if that is even possible or practical

I don't know, I actually prefer the micro USB. I have so many micro USB chargers and cables laying around that this keeps me from having to buy another lightning cable (I only have the one that came with the phone).

Not only that but I have 4 Blackberry chargers that are all micro USB so no need to keep the USB converters around either. Plus they are also a lot cheaper.

@STiNG Operation: None of my coupon codes worked either. They all were either expired or apparently deactivated on the site.

In any event, despite the lack of covered buttons that I prefer, I ordered one too though I chose the poor people shipping so mine came out to $84 bucks. I figured what's an extra day when I've been waiting this long.

I am shocked that my iPhone 5 can get me through the day in terms of battery life so far though. I unplug at 0430 and it is still running (barely) by 2100 which is a shock. On heavy days it is dead by 1800 so this will hopefully be a great investment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.