Email "from" name wrong

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Joybulb, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

Any time I send an email, the person that receives it thinks it's from my wife, as her name is somehow embedded in all accounts loaded on my email app. The signature says my name, and Siri identifies me correctly, but that doesn't fix the issue. Any ideas?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you go into Settings > Mail, Contact and Calendars > (the email account) > Account, what does it show for Name?

3. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

Everywhere I can think to look says my name. I did happen to stumble on one part in icloud email that had her name, and I changed it to mine, but that doesn't seem to have worked either. It still gives her name when I send a test email

4. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is this one person that thinks this or everyone who gets your email? Can they check what name shows up exactly and what email shows up exactly in the email header?

6. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

I've sent emails to 3 or 4 diff accounts and they're all showing her name as the email owner, like in the inbox it will say the em address, subject and, Stephanie Txxxxxx as who the email was from. So strange

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try this... login to your account in a browser at icloud.com then open the web Mail section. Click the little cog at the bottom left then go to the Accounts section and change "Full Name" to what you want.

A friend of mine had this issue and that fixed it.