Email from PayPal about lawsuit?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by npolly0212, Jan 26, 2016.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

has anyone else received this?
    In class so I will have to look at it later and see what it's about. Just wanted to see if anyone else has received it.

Attached Files:

2. myhaksown macrumors newbie

I got one to on the 16th. The letter is straight forward. It's not against you, it's a class action suit you can choose to participate in if you meet the requirements and get money from.

3. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

I was mainly concerned to make sure it wasn't a phishing email and if anyone else got it and saw it
    I will look into it!

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No such email for me, even though I've used paypal recently. I guess I don't fit the bill

5. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, I guess I will look into it later tonight than!

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i got it. im joining the lawsuit as well. glad to see this is being taken care of, really screwed me when this happened.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

What does the lawsuit entail? (The print on the letter is too small for me to be able to read it).

8. Dsching Suspended

Dsching

You should be able to enlarge it.

It invites qualifying paypal users to join a settlement.

9. Scepticalscribe, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks for the clarification. Reading the thread, I had suspected spam.

Re enlarging text, I can enlarge the post that the text is embedded in, but not the letter itself.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I'm looking forward to receiving (after the attorneys take their share) my 38c from this lawsuit.

11. Tech198 macrumors G4

I guess i need new glasses, I can't read that...

Not surprising that Paypal could do this. They are a business after all, so maybe the likelihood, should be the reverse??.. Maybe we just trust them too much..

Under "Zoom" in accessibility check "use scroll gestures.." then hold Control and two fingers on trackpad to zoom in or out.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, neither can I.

Sorry - scroll gestures? And gobbledegook….

That is up there with Egyptian hieroglyphics…….seriously, that is z very complicated set of procedures to go through just to be able to read and offer an opinion - sought by the OP - on whether something - the text offered - is credible or not.

I want an easy life, which means - with my ageing eyesight - which was never great to start with - something along the ones of "enlarge, and read script………"

13. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

What are you saying you can't read?

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ho, ho. Oh, dear. How clever, witty and side-splittingly devastatingly original.

Well, I have worked as an editor and I am a published author (of widely read history books) so, no, I don't claim illiteracy.

However, I do claim that the attachment that the OP posted is inaccessible to my computing knowledge and illegible.

Indeed, if an OP posts an attachment that is - frankly - impossible to render legible, but asks opinions as to what this entails, then, yes, I am saying that I cannot read the damned thing. And I am slow saying that it is his (yes, it is a his, I know it is) task to make sure that what he wishes us to discuss is rendered legible to us.

Post something that can be read, or stop wasting my time and straining my eyes. I couldn't enlarge it, - not by the usual means - and I won't jump through endless hoops.

Make the letter you wish to discuss easily legible, or stop wasting our time.

15. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You guys could have just right-clicked and click open in a new tab... ;)

Basically PayPal has been handling transaction disputes improperly, and they weren't following regulations on reporting errors and account statements (this was apparently fixed recently though).

They are only going to pay up to $2,000 based on actual damages, basic claims based on timeframe and money are only $3-440.

And PayPal is pretty much not going to make any changes, they're just going to make it clearer that they are going to hold/reserve funds and suspend/close your account as needed. :rolleyes:

16. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's where I am lost, I have tried from 3 different devices and if I click on the attachment it opens up fine? No need to be rude about it, was asking a legitimate question lol

17. caoimhin macrumors member

caoimhin

Received this as well. Oddly to only one of two PayPal accounts.

This is correct.

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The attachment opens up, sure, but the print is too small to read comfortably, - actually, the print is too small to read at all, - and - more to the point the format you have used means that I am unable to enlarge it to render it legible.

I apologise if my post came across as rude, but if someone wants advice on a posted document, it is easier to obtain it if the document in question is clearly legible.

19. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

See it opens up fine for me, that's where I am confused lol

20. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The forum software reduces the image, the original size is large enough to read and it can be easily viewed in your browser.

If you right click the attached file and open it in a new tab, you can click the image to enlarge it (the cursor should change to a magnifying glass icon in Safari).