Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I'll admit, this isn't 100% related to PowerPC Macs, so feel free to move it if need be, but I figured that you all would appreciate this :)

I used Cook's letter about the Apple/FBI spat in my reading class yesterday, as we have been reading about digital privacy for a while now and the kids really wanted some more recent, relevant examples. The kids were really into it, and I sent an email to Cook to let him know that his letter was a hit in my class.

This morning he replied :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,944

flyrod

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2015
I thought ios already had a back door. It's all closed source and Apple won't say anything about what it's doing behind your back. It's too bad the firefox phone was killed. :(

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
I sent an email to Cook to let him know that his letter was a hit in my class.
Were do all the people get Tim Cooks email address from?
This morning he replied :)
You mean one of his staff answered in his name. ;)

Sorry, I am really not being mean, I just always wonder how easy it is in America to chat with the elite and not have a person in their office answer back, if they answer at all.

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2016
It could very well be Tim himself. Steve was also known for answering emails personally. I see no reason why Tim wouldn't do this. Also, if staffers answered, I'm pretty sure they'd be using a MacBook Pro or iMac (or hell, even a Mac Pro), not an iPad Pro.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Were do all the people get Tim Cooks email address from?

You mean one of his staff answered in his name. ;)

Sorry, I am really not being mean, I just always wonder how easy it is in America to chat with the elite and not have a person in their office answer back, if they answer at all.

We get it from google :p tcook@apple.com

Either way, it's a reply from his address and the kids were impressed :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.