Email from Tim Cook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MultiFinder17, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I'll admit, this isn't 100% related to PowerPC Macs, so feel free to move it if need be, but I figured that you all would appreciate this :)

I used Cook's letter about the Apple/FBI spat in my reading class yesterday, as we have been reading about digital privacy for a while now and the kids really wanted some more recent, relevant examples. The kids were really into it, and I sent an email to Cook to let him know that his letter was a hit in my class.

This morning he replied :)

Attached Files:

2. flyrod macrumors 6502

flyrod

I thought ios already had a back door. It's all closed source and Apple won't say anything about what it's doing behind your back. It's too bad the firefox phone was killed. :(

3. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Were do all the people get Tim Cooks email address from?
    You mean one of his staff answered in his name. ;)

Sorry, I am really not being mean, I just always wonder how easy it is in America to chat with the elite and not have a person in their office answer back, if they answer at all.

4. Daniël Oosterhuis macrumors 6502a

Daniël Oosterhuis

It could very well be Tim himself. Steve was also known for answering emails personally. I see no reason why Tim wouldn't do this. Also, if staffers answered, I'm pretty sure they'd be using a MacBook Pro or iMac (or hell, even a Mac Pro), not an iPad Pro.

5. MultiFinder17 thread starter macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

We get it from google :p tcook@apple.com

Either way, it's a reply from his address and the kids were impressed :)

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iOS does have open source parts, the parts can be found on opensource.apple.com.