Email functionality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Jul 13, 2009.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Sorry - not sure if this was posted before and wasn't sure what to really search for...

but I would LOVE the email functionality to allow for editing a range of emails either through multitouch, or a button you click on after the first email and then you select the last email and then click delete. Having to tag each email and then clicking delete is certainly faster than swiping each one.. but it would be nice to be able to just do this in a few clicks versus tapping each one.

I might be in the minority - but I work for a news organization and I get a ton of superfluous emails. I still need to glance at them to see if relevant -but I delete several emails at a time... would handy

thoughts?

2. arykmax macrumors regular

You are not in the minority. I have seen many topics regarding this. I don't get tons of emails in my inbox in the first place so it has never been a huge issue for me but i can see how it could be for some people.

3. davyreins macrumors 6502

Are you talking about taking something similar to using the shift key and the apple command key to select files on a computer and transferring this technique to the iPhone?

That would be pretty neat.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Exactly what I'm talking about...

It's one of the (only) features on the blackberry I miss having just bought my first iPhone (3gs) on launch day..

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have to believe that they'll add this functionality in an update sometime soon. They seem to give us stuff piecemeal.