Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emagsamurai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
I just upgraded to Yosemite, and I like the idea of using the Notifications Center, but for some reason when I get an email notification from any of my Gmail accounts, it appears for a few seconds and then disappears. This is for both the banner (which is the desired affect) and for the Notifications list. I would like for the email notification to remain in the list, at least until I check and/or acknowledge the notification.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance. BTW, I've used this site for countless other problems I've encountered, but this seems to be the first one that I couldn't find the answer to without posting.

Reactions: cornelius1

emagsamurai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
I've been searching for a resolution to this, but so far I've had no luck. Everything seems to be set properly, but my webmail notifications don't remain in the Notifications list.

Anyone else having this issue?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Is this using Mac Mail client or Google's webmail?

Working for me with Mail client.

emagsamurai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
This is using Google's webmail. I get the popup banner like I'm supposed to, and it shows in the notifications list, but as soon as the banner hides, the notification disappears as well. This is with no acknowledgement on my part.

If I don't see the banner for some reason, then there is nothing indicating I have an email

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
No clue.

Did replicate. The Google notification never shows up in Apple's Notification Center for me, and yes, briefly in Google's notification center: disappears there when their banner notification disappears as well.

My $0.02: it's a Google issue, not OS X, or specifically, Yosemite related.

emagsamurai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Thanks for replicating it! At least I know I'm not doing something obviously wrong on my end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.