Email help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dee233s, Feb 2, 2011.

1. dee233s macrumors newbie

I can't get Mail to send. The progress wheel turns for ages then disappears without sending any of my emails - with no error messages, sometimes a box asking if i want to retry.
    The hard drive in my iMac died last Friday. A new one was put in and the data on the old one was thankfully retrieved. Then had to reset printer parameters cos we are networked to a main photocopier to print. Most of the emails history was also retrieved, tho i see some folders are now blank.
    I've set up everything - username, incoming server, outgoing SMTP ect exactly as the other machines in the office, can get incoming mail but nothing goes out. Please can anyone tell me what bit i haven't plumbed in right?! thanks, dee

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would check your outgoing SMTP settings to confirm that the username and password is correct.

3. dee233s thread starter macrumors newbie

email

thanks for your reply. I've made sure everything is right that you suggested.
    Someone said i needed to authenticate to the outgoing server so on Accounts page i clicked the Advanced tab and changed Authentication from password to Authenticated POP (APOP) but that hasn't worked either. Sorry to be dense - this isn't my day job!! thanks dee