Email i recieved from verizon about the pre order/delivery date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jcloud8, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jcloud8, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

Jcloud8 macrumors member

Just thought id share... and by the way i also asked about shipping to my apartment so just ignore that part.

Dear_________

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless via our website, my name is Star and I will be happy to answer your questions concerning the iPhone 4. I understand your anticipation about receiving this new phone.

Orders placed prior to 8:00 PM (EST) will be processed the same day and have an expected ship date of the next day. This phone can be ordered online at My Verizon or on the phone with a Customer Service Representative. As of now there is no way to put specific instructions online for FedEx to receive. Once you receive your tracking number you can contact FedEx to have the item left at the leasing office or put a note on you door with these instructions. You can also have the phone shipped to the location where you will be, if so desired.

For additional questions regarding the iPhone, please visit:

verizonwireless.com/iphone

I took the liberty of further reviewing your account services. I was able to determine, that based on your current usage, you are on the best plan and features for your wireless communication needs.

I make it my personal goal to resolve all of your wireless concerns. I hope I have done that for you today by answering questions regarding the iPhone. We appreciate your business and thank your for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Star

Verizon Wireless

Internet Response Coordinator

2. black743 macrumors 6502

Wish they would give the data plan costs.

And I wonder if its better to order from Verizon or Apple? I hope I can leave a note, I can't take days and days off work to wait around for a delivery.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is the same question that gets asked every time their is a new iPhone available for pre-order, "Who to order from?"

From what I have seen and read on the forums and from personal friends , it doesn't matter, Shipping would be free with either option and it will arrive on the release date (and in some cases, even a day early as was the case with the iPhone 4). I also believe that the ability to leave a pre-sign notice on your door would be fine, but you must leave a FedEx or UPS (depending who will deliver your product) Pre-signed form and not a post-it.

FedEx Delivery Signature Options
    http://fedex.com/us/update1.html

4. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

5. Jcloud8, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

Jcloud8 thread starter macrumors member

I dont know if you cought it, but at the end of the email it says "I took the liberty of further reviewing your account services. I was able to determine, that based on your current usage, you are on the best plan and features for your wireless communication needs." or something along those lines. I currently have the 30 dollar unlimited plan so im assuming that it will be available for the iphone.

6. JSK1121 macrumors member

7. Jcloud8 thread starter macrumors member

im assuming on the 3rd since thats when we will be able to order...so based off what she said the order will be processed that day and ship the next so that would put the delivery day on the 4th or 5th but who knows.

8. JSK1121 macrumors member

Order it Thursday, get it Friday? Sounds good to me!

9. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

10. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Keep in mind that if you order on the 3rd, and it ships on the 4th. You won't get it til the 7th as Standard Overnight does not include Saturday delivery. Just a FYI.

I'm going to be camping the site(s) til the moment I can order and putting it in, but most likely we're looking at Monday the 7th for delivery.

11. Jcloud8 thread starter macrumors member

Thats true i forgot that...that sounds more reasonable

12. Jcloud8 thread starter macrumors member

i asked myself the same thing when i read it lol...sounds like a name you would hear at a gentleman's club:rolleyes:

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The release date is February 10th, how do you expect to have it delivered on the 7th? Just like when the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad orders, Apple more likely has an agreement with FedEx to hold all deliveries until the release date. Now with the iPhone 4 release, Apple did notify a number of customers that they would be receiving their package a day early, but that was all, 1 day early.

And pre-orders for the iPhone 4 were also 1 week in advance.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/22/first-iphone-4-deliveries-arrive/

14. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Because the wording on Verizon's site makes it appear that for those who are eligible to order on Feb 3rd will receive their stock early. Plus the above person's email back from Verizon hints at orders shipping starting that Friday, too.

From Verizon's site:
    The "Get" an iPhone 4, to me, indicates you'd receive it before everyone. Not "Reserve your iPhone 4" or "Secure" or anything on that lines. Combined w/ what people seem to be hearing early adopters w/ Verizon will receive it prior.

We'll find out next week, though, as the official email goes out w/ how it's going to work from Verizon.

Either way doesn't matter to me as long as I have it before I head to Disneyland w/ the family.

15. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I am just basing my theory on past experiences, and here is an article from MacRumors from June 18th, 2010 (6 days before the official launch on June 24th).

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/18/iphone-4-orders-being-prepared-for-shipment/

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, but this is what has happened in the past (but I could very well be wrong)

16. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i have a feeling that there will be so many preorders that verizon will be more than happy to start shipping on the 4th. this way they can ship out all the preorders before the 10th when everyone else bombards verizon and apple

17. stewart715 macrumors 6502

I tend to agree with this logic. However, if there are reasons out of Verizon and Apple's hands as to why they can't ship it before the 10th, then there's nothing that they can do.

But, I don't see why it would benefit them to not ship them ASAP -- it's not like it's a new product or anything. Nothing will be spoiled early.

18. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

Here's a video i found on facebook's verizon iphone fan page. its a cnet video woman at the verizon iphone announcement in nyc. if you listen closely at about the :50 mark, she says that verizon customers who preorder will "get them before everybody else." not what i would call concrete but ill take it as a good sign.

19. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I think the "day early" theory is probably the most likely.

20. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502