email images from iPhone as attachments

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fluffer, Jun 30, 2009.

1. fluffer macrumors member

I'm new to Apple and the iPhone but I was wondering whether the following is normal: If I choose an image from the camera roll and send it as an email, the text that I included in the email lands on the recipient PC as an attachment along with the image attachment. I would understand the image attachment, but I would expect the text to be included in the main email body as it does in most other email systems.

2. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I just tried to replicate this situation but my e-mail body text is showing normally and the pictures are added as attachments. What type of computer is being used to open the messages?

3. fluffer thread starter macrumors member

Various PC's (XP, Win 7, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007). I'm not the only one, as my mate has done the same. Is it peculiar to O2 in the UK maybe? :confused:

just discovered that any text beneath the inserted image ends up as an additional attachment. This includes the standard signature (sent from my iPhone). To get text to appear in the main email body, I have to type it over the inserted image, when this is done, it is included in the main email body.