Email issue sending pics from my Mac To PC users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by McRCN, Jan 28, 2012.

1. McRCN macrumors regular

I use Mail.app for e-mail and have sent .jpg pictures as attachments to some PC users. When they are received the pictures are very small and are basically unusable. The PC users are very frustrated. If I send the pictures by gmail or yahoo mail, it is fine. The problem only happens using Mail. Is there something I can do on my end so this will not happen when using Mail? I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I also use Aperture if it matters any. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Are your friends using gmail, yahoo or a similar web based email client? I had a similar problem with a friend when they were trying to view the pictures from within gmail. When they downloaded the pictures to their computer they were fine.

3. twitter macrumors member

i think you already know this
    but just in case you dont...
    1. the size of the mailed picture depends how you set your aperture export picture size
    2. on the lower right side in mail you can change the picture size that is send. sometimes pictures might look great on your screen but will end up looking like crap on the receivers side