Email Issues on iphone/MBP/Webmail on home wifi

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by lhit, Dec 5, 2014.

1. lhit macrumors newbie

I upgraded my iphone 4s to 5s. Did the sync but 2 out of 3 emails didn't work. Reloaded account - didn't work. Said username or password was wrong.

Then email on MBP stopped working (again, just 2 out of 3 won't. They are both same work accounts). Also - cannot access webmail either (but main webpage will load).

Did some troubleshooting, but no success.
    - Talked to web guy from work. IP is whitelisted, so not being blocked. Nothing he notices on his end.
    - Went to apple store to make sure devices worked. All worked perfectly fine while there (meaning its my Wifi. If I put my iphone off of wifi, the emails work).
    - Reset router. Plugged laptop straight into modem
    - Contacted ISP. He did tons of searching and digging (and have a list of what he did). Didn't work.

So now not quite sure what to try or who to go to for help. Everything was working fine before I got the new phone. Any suggestions?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Many wireless routers broadcast two networks. One network is password-protected and allows all Internet functions that the owner desires. The other is a "guest network." The guest network requires no password. However, it also has limited functionality. Email is often one of the many functions that are inoperable on the open guest network.

Until you login to the password-protected network, your devices may automatically login to the guest network. This appears to be what happened in your case.