Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Does anyone know of a way to email someone a link to a specific page/song on iTunes? Thinking of when I find a song/vid that I know friends would like I would like to "recommend" it to them so they get a link straight to it but can't see a way to do it.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I don't know if you can do individual songs, but on the album page by the cover art is a link for "Tell a Friend." Click that, type in their email address and you can add a short note to specify which song(s) you are sending a recommendation for and they will be notified.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
The links are REALLY long, but if you select the song in iTunes and right-click and select "Copy iTunes URL" and then paste it into your email.

When the person clicks on the link, it'll open a web browser and then open iTunes and go to the song. If they have iTunes.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Your all stars!!! The "Tell a Friend" is exactly what I was after for the albums but the link to each song will do me perfectly for the odd songs I want to email people about.

Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.