Email Large Files

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Kashchei, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

One of the reasons I signed up for MobileMe was to be able to email large files (like SendSpace, for example). This was a promised feature, but it didn't make it into the final release. This is still an feature listed as "coming soon" on the Apple website (take a look for yourself). I've been swamped with work lately and so I was wondering if I've missed an update on when this feature will be implemented?

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You can attach at 20MB file to MobileMe email right now. How large are the files you need to email? Perhaps you should put them in your iDisk's Public folder and send the recipient a link, instead.

3. jasone6 macrumors member

The point was that we were supposed to be able to send download-links to files that were NOT in our public folders (and also NOT using the mail feature).

I'm still waiting for this myself... it's probably the single feature I looked most forward to, and nothin' from Apple yet.

-J

4. Pooshka macrumors 65816

This feature has been cancelled. The Apple page is to be updated soon.

5. madbad01 macrumors member

6. mrmanishs macrumors newbie

You can always use a web based option like File Apartment (http://www.fileapartment.com).

7. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

This is an old thread. The feature has since been added to MobileMe in the form of shared files.

You must really love File Apartment to open an account here just to try to sell it to us.

Delete thread/ban user.