Email links from websites opening old-fashioned Gmail pages...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean Dempsey, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I am running SL and the Gmail Notifier for Mac, and Firefox. Every time I click an email link in Firefox, instead of opening up a "compose mail" page in Gmail like it used to, recently I just get sent to an old-style HTML only Gmail page, as pictured below.

Anyone else experiencing this? it's getting pretty annoying that any time I click an email, I get sent to a useless Gmail page. I've tried googling the problem, but it never turns up results that are relevant.

Attached Files:

2. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I have done some looking, and apparently the Gmail notifier for mac hasn't been updated in 4 years?

I removed the program, and email links then tried to open up main. I downloaded and reinstalled the notifier, and email links now go to the old-style html version of Gmail, which they say was retired in October of 2010.

My regular Gmail page is set to the Standard, full featured version. It's just the notifier that is jacking it up I think.

Someone else here has to use Gmail for their mail and only user the browser. I can't be the only person who doesn't use a desktop application for mail.

3. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

No one?

Anyone want to just try installing the Gmail Notifier and setting your email links to open in Gmail, and seeing what happens?