Email newsletter with Word

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by brenm666, Apr 4, 2011.

1. brenm666 macrumors regular

Hi,
    Here's what I want to do. Send a cool newsletter to a bunch of people, but I want it in the email (not an attached pdf file, I want it like a normal newsletter) and I want it to look nice, like with pictures and stuff.
    So I tried the Publishing View with Word 2011, but then I'm stuck. How do I send it? I'm I even using the right program to do that?

Thank you all.

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

If you have the Home & Business version, with Outlook, you can use the mail merge feature under Tools->Mail Merge Manager: Mail Merge and Office 2011

If you don't have Outlook, then you'll need to use another method. Perhaps this thread would be a place to start Custom HTML email in Snow Leopard? Then you could use Automator to run the Get Selected Messages, Group Mailer & Send Outgoing Messages actions to email them out to your recipient list.

Word tends to butcher HTML code by adding a boatload of clutter and I read somewhere that using Tables is the way to go for keeping formatting with various mail clients.

3. brenm666 thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect. Thanks a lot. I'll try and tell you if it worked.

4. brenm666 thread starter macrumors regular

finally got it working.
    for anyone wondering in the future:
    had to save as html, copy/paste and send by hotmail (rich text option) to my other address, then transfer. worked well! :cool: