Email not Pushing on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcmlxix, Aug 29, 2010.

1. mcmlxix macrumors 6502a

Something strange has happened. I haven't changed any of the settings on my iPhone 4, but it has stopped pushing my email from yahoo and gmail.

Push is on. I'm not exactly sure when this happened and if it coincides with my upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2

It seems like it's the phone and not the email providers, since both were affected at the same time. Any thoughts?

2. pauliphone macrumors regular

I've been having the same problem with my MobileMe account for the past few days. I am assuming it is a problem with Apple's push server

3. toss002 macrumors regular

Here's What I've Learned

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This works immediately, yet nothing is erased, but you have to go and re-configure some of your settings. AND this works as long as you STAY in one place.

NOW, if you travel to other locations/cities that have little or no signal--that's it, game's over. 'Push' will stop. And you have to re-do the whole thing over again. :mad:

It's either the phone design or At&t....

4. mcmlxix thread starter macrumors 6502a

toss002...

I followed your instructions and it worked...why I should have to do this, I don't know.

5. crs1 macrumors newbie

This happened to me. The solution was to go to:
    Settings - Mail - Fetch New Data - Advanced (scroll down.. I know... I didn't know it was there either).

Make sure your push accounts are marked as 'PUSH' (vs 'FETCH' or 'MANUAL').

6. mcmlxix thread starter macrumors 6502a

crs1...

Push is different that fetch (pull) though. The fetch schedule option in iOS is only for when push is not available.