Email not pushing, only to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benmrii, Oct 17, 2011.

1. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Morning...

My iPhone has only intermittently been receiving push emails from my iCloud address, however I'm fairly certain that the issue is not on iCloud's end but something to do with the iPhone since both my computer and my iPad are receiving the emails right away.

Perhaps my settings are wonky, but I don't think so. Since Friday it has worked intermittently, though about the last 24 hours not at all.

Notifications: on, Badge/Show Preview/View in Lock Screen
    Mail: Fetch New Data = Push

Whether or not the Mail app is "running" in the background (not something I've ever had to be concerned with previously, but thought I'd mention it), they are not getting through until I actively open the Mail application.

Thanks for any thoughts.

2. 3587 macrumors 6502a

Same here. I've tried some things, but it doesn't last long. Emails to computers work fine, not iPhone or iPad however.

3. benmrii thread starter macrumors 65816

benmrii

Odd... though for me it is fine on the computer and the iPad. Just not the iPhone.

4. scousers macrumors member

I had the same issue with my gmail account not pushing when set up as "Gmail".

I re-set it up as Microsoft Exchange email and now it pushes perfectly using m.google.com as the server.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

There are multiple threads about this on the Apple support discussion threads. I am having the issue as well with my .mac account since migrating to iCloud. The consensus seems to be that it is likely a bug that needs to be fixed.

6. benmrii thread starter macrumors 65816

benmrii

I can't think of anything beyond it being a bug that effects it intermittently. My concerns that a setting might be off were just proved wrong when it worked a moment ago. :rolleyes:

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have an extensive Executive level case over a mobileme push email bug on my iPad. They quit working on it because all the engineers are working on iOS5. Sigh....

You need to make sure you have called and logged a support item on it, just so it is noted and they can pull resources to work on it.

I haven't updated to 5 yet on any device, so I have no clue if my issue carries forward. I've basically given up on my iPad working like it did for a year (rock solid), at least my phone is pushing right so I just check there and then force the iPad to sync.

Oh and in my case, the logs show something is turning push off on the iPad, yet I'm not doing it and it is still showing push in the settings.... But the logs show otherwise.

I kinda thought the team would have wanted to sort it out.....