email not pushing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Randall88, May 22, 2015.

1. Randall88 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I am not sure what caused this, but for a few weeks my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.4) doesn't notify me of new incoming mail.

I am using Yahoo. Already tried other accounts, rebooting, reconfiguring etc. Doesn't help. And it's becoming very inconvenient. Is there anything I can do about this? What could be causing the issue? I want to avoid an update if it's not absolutely necessary.

Thanks

2. Randall88 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. geekguy123 macrumors member

I was having the same problem with Yahoo using the iOS Mail app (iphone 6+, JB on 8.1.2). Tried everything, from rebooting to removing Yahoo account and adding back in. After a day or so, I finally just downloaded Yahoo's app so I would at least get notifications. Then the Mail app just starting working again, albeit slowly. A couple days later, it's working like normal again. I'm keeping the Yahoo app for backup.

4. Randall88 thread starter macrumors newbie

ye, exactly... the Yahoo app is working fine.
    Not sure where the problem is, I have a JB as well, that's why I don't want to complicate things with an update. And it's really annoying, I don't know when I get new mail now..

5. G-TEC macrumors newbie

Also getting similar issues with yahoo Mail pushed to my 6. Sometimes I won't get an email pushed anywhere from 1/2 to 2 hours after. Sometimes I get it instantly! Tried deleting and adding the account with no luck. It's working nicely now, fingers crossed. Seems to be an ongoing issue with no solution.