Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
I've got it set up to show my email in notification center but nothing shows when I get new emails...any idea why? Is there something I'm missing here?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Settings > notification center > mail

It's not on by default check the settings then reboot

mikosk

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
I got the same issue. Emails are not showing in notification center and I noticed the email app is not even updating even my push accounts. I have three email accounts, work, outlook (for gmail), and yahoo, all set to push.

None of them are showing up on the lock screen or even as a badge alert. Anyone?

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I got the same issue. Emails are not showing in notification center and I noticed the email app is not even updating even my push accounts. I have three email accounts, work, outlook (for gmail), and yahoo, all set to push.

None of them are showing up on the lock screen or even as a badge alert. Anyone?

I momentarily stopped pushing yesterday but a hard reset and disabling/re-enabling the account fixed it.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Took me a bit originally, but try this:

Settings -> Notification Center -> Mail; Turn on "banners" in each of your mail accounts (maybe "banners" in your case as well?)

Settings -> Notification Center; Make sure you have "Mail" dragged up to the Include section

Settings -> Notification Center -> Mail; Make sure "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen" are turned on

mikosk

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
Ok, not sure who should get the credit blhoward2 or firstapple, but I did both your suggestions and it fixed it. Thanks!

Now can you fix the lack of gmail exchange in the native app? :rolleyes: I know it's gone, just wish apple and google would play nice.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
No credit required, haha. Just trying to help wherever I can. After using iOS 7 for the last month or so I've had some decent practice at making things work.

Glad you got it going!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.