Email not working in a specific place

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by feistymama, Feb 14, 2011.

1. feistymama macrumors newbie

I have three email accounts in Mail - Gmail, MobileMe and a microsoft exchange account. I can send and receive emails for all three without any problems at home or at friends and family houses.

When I first took the iPad into college email was fine there too. However, since that first day I just get error messages whenever I try to download my emails on any of the accounts. No settings have been changed and the very same email accounts work perfectly on my iphone in college. All the settings are identical. I have deleted the email accounts and then set them up again and that didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas what's going on?

2. feistymama thread starter macrumors newbie

Can nobody help? This is really driving me insane and making my iPad virtually useless in college. The error message is a server one for all 3 email accounts.

3. forum user macrumors regular

Just a thought: tried to open a web page in safari to check if you have network connectivity at college?

- Olaf

4. feistymama thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, everything works absolutely fine, just not the email. Tried again today and still no luck.

5. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Is it possible that the IT dept. at your school closed the port you use for email? You may want to check with them. Also you could check to see if you can use an alternative port for your email accounts, and try that as well.