Email not working on 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobt, Jun 19, 2009.

1. bobt macrumors regular

I just upgraded from an original iPhone to a 3Gs. Everything has been going smooth except a couple of my email accounts are not working. I'm getting a message that my username or password is incorrect however it is setup the same as my prior iPhone.

Other message when I try to send a message from these accounts says that there is no password even though I have entered it in on the mail setup screen for these accounts. It is acting as if there is no password entered.

Thoughts?

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

MobileMe account?

Even if not, go through the setup and make sure the settings are set up properly

3. Zengrok macrumors newbie

I had to enter passwords for all my mail accounts before they would work. I guess just make sure you're using a correct password.

4. dusters711 macrumors regular

Same... had to re-enter passwords because they weren't there!

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

It's actually documented that you will have to re-enter email passwords and re-pair BT devices after a full restore.

6. ncsimmons03 macrumors member

I had this problem on my 3G today. My email has always worked fine now it says the passwords are incorrect even though they are still there and they haven't been changed.

Edit: I upgraded on the 17th and it worked fine until today. Doing a restore as a new iPhone to see if that corrects the problem.

7. deceptichop macrumors regular

same thing happened to me. But it only happened when my phone was on Edge. When it switched to 3G then it was golden!