Email notification difficulties

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by cschmelz, May 18, 2015.

1. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Has anyone else been annoyed at the way email notifications are handled?

I have mine set up to notify me of emails. So when a new email shows up I get the mail notification with the full text of the email. I can deal with the email if I scroll ALL the way down to the bottom and then trash it, but often as you can imagine, the scroll is a LONG way down.

Or, you use the digital crown to clear that, then swipe down to get the notification which you can then at least clear, but you can't delete the email from that.

Shouldn't it just give you one notification that is a 1 or 2 line summary which you can then select 'read, dismiss or trash' from? I don't want to read my 2 page email on the watch, but it would be nice to quickly glance down to see if that email is important, or if it is spam, direct it to the trash from my wrist.

Seems like a major UI error in Watch OS 1.0.

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

This sometimes works, but other times I have the same problem as you. It is almost like it isn't easy to decide when a preview is enough and when it goes to the full email. It is easy to delete when in the full email.

Funny enough, Outlook for iOS doesn't have this problem. I've actually got my EAS and Gmail accounts set up in both Apple Mail and Outlook for iOS with notifications disabled for Apple Mail. Then I get great triage notification options with Outlook and can still use the Mail app on the Watch to go through emails. The added bonus is Outlook's focused inbox which does a great job of helping me ignore emails I'm not interested in.