Email Notification for Mountain Lion Release

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by silverjam, Jul 6, 2012.

1. silverjam macrumors regular

I can't seem to find any email notification weblink for the release of ML. That is, as soon as it is available "Bang" I get an email. I know it will be in the news etc the next day but it is nice to get the jump on the bandwidth drain.

Does anyone know a link to allow for immediate email notification? Or if not, can we at start a forum positing to allow for this.

Thanks.

Silver.

2. duyvan82 macrumors member

alternatively you could subscribe to macrumors' RSS feed, or any of the Mac news site's feed for that matter :/

edit: scratch that, Apple have their own official RSS feed
    http://www.apple.com/rss/

3. silverjam thread starter macrumors regular

I subscribe to apple hot news and they notoriously never let me know of the iOS, OSX releases etc (until a day or so after), I think because of their concerns with the stampede on their bandwidth.

I think a lot of it has to do with who (what time zone) do they favour in terms of time zones. Releasing ML in prime North American time and letting everyone know about it would shut down the system potentially. I think they will release it prime time in Rangoon Burma/Myanmar and let them know first. Nothing against Burmese but I understand they are not the biggest Mac users in the world.

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I think you should get an alert on your screen that states an upgrade is available. I've seen some sample pix of it in other MR forums. It appears about where the search bar shows up with cmd/shift. :confused:

5. wassal43 macrumors member