email notification really loud!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Robert1-1, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Robert1-1 macrumors member

I noticed the past week that for some reason my email notification (all alerts for that matter) are really loud on my iPhone 6 plus no matter what I set the "Ringer and alerts" volume to. In otherwords, the volume is turned all the way down. I can't fix the issue without doing a reboot. Any ideas?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Why would you not want to reboot.

99% of most problems are resolved by rebooting your phone. Just turn it off for a minute of two and back on again. Next step would be to wipe and re-install the OS.

3. Robert1-1 thread starter macrumors member

Duh, why would I want to reboot to fix each and every problem?!

The first time this happened I had my volume set really low and had my phone by the night stand. Then in the middle of night—WHAM—awaken by loud gongs of email. Do I really need to worry about rebooting my phone in the middle of my sleep?

What I'm trying to get at is an understanding of the problem, what triggers, how can i prevent it, is it a bug, etc.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Look, I am trying to help you. Common sense says to reboot to see if it fixes the problem. But with your attitude . . . . ENJOY!:p

5. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

You won't have to reboot every time. One should be enough to fix the issue.

But, as Newtons Apple said, you won't get much help with that attitude.

6. Robert1-1 thread starter macrumors member

I guess I wasn't clear then in my post. Sorry. The issue has occurred more than once and each time I had to reboot the phone to fix it. Yet it still reoccurs periodically. It seems like it can happen after listening to music on either Bluetooth speakers or headphones. So yes I know a reboot can clear the issue. A reboot temporarily fixes all bugs. What I was hoping to find out is if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to avoid it in the first place or any workarounds. I know a reboot will clear the issue but it's a pain to have to constantly keep rebooting your phone.