Email notification very late?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nhwhazup, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm noticing that my notification sound for email is so late like an afterthought. I.e. I can go to my email- see a new message, delete it and as I'm exiting out of email the audio notification for new mail comes through. I've never experienced this on prior phones (current is the plus). It's always been slow to the draw with this phone but is seemingly getter slower. Anyone else experiencing this? Thoughts or ideas to correct? Surely not a big deal for me but just odd.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

3. Adam490 macrumors member

Mine does the exact same thing (ATT 64GB 6+). Often times I will have already deleted the email and have put the phone back in my pocket and then the notification sound goes off.

4. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

me too. that threw me off a couple of times. i was thinking, what's that sound as i am already reading the new email. is it due to IOS or the phone in itself?

5. cuongnq macrumors member

I'm using iCloud mail + Gmail. Mail always ring on iPhone before my iMac notify.
    You should go Settings > Mail, Contacts... > Fetch Data> enable Push and change time to Push.

6. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Same thing ATT 65 6+

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I had same problem with my iPhone 5S and now iPhone 6 Plus. I think iOS 8.1.1 has not fixed just yet. :apple:

8. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

So it sounds like different phones involved and 2 ATT carriers. How about the rest of you, who is your carrier?