Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm noticing that my notification sound for email is so late like an afterthought. I.e. I can go to my email- see a new message, delete it and as I'm exiting out of email the audio notification for new mail comes through. I've never experienced this on prior phones (current is the plus). It's always been slow to the draw with this phone but is seemingly getter slower. Anyone else experiencing this? Thoughts or ideas to correct? Surely not a big deal for me but just odd.

Adam490

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
Mine does the exact same thing (ATT 64GB 6+). Often times I will have already deleted the email and have put the phone back in my pocket and then the notification sound goes off.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
Mine does the exact same thing (ATT 64GB 6+). Often times I will have already deleted the email and have put the phone back in my pocket and then the notification sound goes off.

me too. that threw me off a couple of times. i was thinking, what's that sound as i am already reading the new email. is it due to IOS or the phone in itself?

cuongnq

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2014
I'm using iCloud mail + Gmail. Mail always ring on iPhone before my iMac notify.
You should go Settings > Mail, Contacts... > Fetch Data> enable Push and change time to Push.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
So it sounds like different phones involved and 2 ATT carriers. How about the rest of you, who is your carrier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.