Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamantium411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2021
I’m having the weirdest issue. Whenever I get an email notification (only a single email, not a group), and I go to dismiss it, it sliiides down the screen very slowly. No other notifications do it. And if it’s multiple emails, they dismiss as normal. Anyone else having this issue?

schlupps

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2020
RheinMain - Germany
jepp.. watch does its 'ding'-noise, i raise my arm to have a look at it and when i swipe the message down, it occasionally moves in sloooooow motion. Only seen this with mail notifications and could not tell, when this has started; i'd say, it began somewhere in watchOS version 5 or 6. Multiple updates and resets of the watch did not help. When switching to the Series 6, the watch was configured as new device to avoid this issue being 'restored' again.
As i see the issue as not very severe at this point, i did not reset and configure the phone as new device so far..

antbob

macrumors member
May 12, 2020
If it only happens occasionally perhaps it could be related to specific emails content ? Try disabling 'Load Remote Images' and Message Preview just to see if that helps ? The Watch would do animation hiccups if its cpu is overloaded with doing something else how UI and animation updates are implemented by Apple can be a bottleneck sometimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.