Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
okay so i made my options as "instant email notification," little knowing it would email me for every new post on the thread.

how do i make it so i only get emails when some one replies to my post? not a reply to the thread.

...i'm new to this site obviously

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
MacNut is correct. You can't get email when a reply is made to your post but not when a reply is made to anyone else's post. You are subscribing to the thread as a whole, not to a post in the thread.

However, when you subscribe to a thread with instant email notification, you don't get email for every reply. You get email once for every set of replies made since the last time you last visited MacRumors. As a result, once you leave the site you should get only one message if posts are made in the thread, no matter how many subsequent posts are made, until you again return to visit the forums. While you are actively using the forums, however, you may get lots of messages about posts in the thread, because your use of the site keeps "resetting the clock."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.