Email Notify Help

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SD449, Sep 17, 2014.

1. SD449 macrumors member

Hi

The tips App says I can use the flag to use a Notify setting for getting a notification for replies to important emails but I can't get this to work

Probably late and being thick but any help would be greatly received.

PS I am in the UK if thats the issue

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yeah I don't understand how to use it either

3. matttye macrumors 601

Works fine for me in the UK.

Send a message and use the notify me option. Then whenever someone replies, you get a notification alerting you of that fact.

You should bear in mind however that it does not automatically give you push e-mail if you didn't have it, so you would still have to manually refresh your e-mail if you have it set to manual, or you will have to wait until it checks for updates if you have it set to fetch.

Hope that makes sense.

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Hmmm..... not sure I understand it. If someone replies I get an email. What's the notify function do that's different?

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

You can set up different notification styles for them vs normal emails (also for VIPs). See settings > notifications > mail (note you need at least one thread set up to notify you to get the extra options in settings)

Remember, by default you don't get a banner or alert for emails. If you have enabled this for regular emails then there won't be much difference for you for 'notify' emails. You could however (for example) make the notify me alerts a different noise or something.

6. matttye macrumors 601

It puts a notification in the notification centre and displays an alert or banner.

If, like me, you get a lot of spam then you would not want every e-mail to display an alert or banner, so it is helpful to be able to specify which ones you get a notification for.

7. SD449 thread starter macrumors member

Could it be I am trying this with an Exchange account?

Or is there a setting I need to tick?

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Ahh I understand now. I have all my email accounts set to notify and use different sounds for each email account. Same for my VIPs. Notify won't be useful for me.

9. ptsstaff macrumors newbie

Notify Me option missing?

I do not have the Notify Me option under the More or Flag icon in email. I am using an Exchange account.

Hs anyone else had a missing Notify Me option?