Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redshoesgirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
i am unable to reset the password for my mac email account. i am on a macbook pro, 10.6.8, 4 gigs ram.

i repaired permissions. i go into the account, change the password, save. quit mail and restart. it asks for password when checking for mail, but does not accept the new one - but the old one still works.

i tried doing the password change without quitting, just checking for new mail but still the new password is not working - but old one will. i am getting rather frustrated.

anything thoughts?

lara

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i am unable to reset the password for my mac email account. i am on a macbook pro, 10.6.8, 4 gigs ram.

i repaired permissions. i go into the account, change the password, save. quit mail and restart. it asks for password when checking for mail, but does not accept the new one - but the old one still works.

i tried doing the password change without quitting, just checking for new mail but still the new password is not working - but old one will. i am getting rather frustrated.
The model and configuration of your computer and the permissions have nothing to do with your email account password. It's purely a matter of logging into your mail account and changing your password. What are you using for your email provider? Gmail? Yahoo? Hotmail?

redshoesgirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
The model and configuration of your computer and the permissions have nothing to do with your email account password. It's purely a matter of logging into your mail account and changing your password. What are you using for your email provider? Gmail? Yahoo? Hotmail?

verizon. i always put the model and configuration just in case someone asks about that. i try changing it via verizon page.

thanks,

lara

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.