Email photo question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sonoran, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

Apr 29, 2007
    I have had my 3G for a few weeks & I took a picture I wanted to email this morning. All went just fine & the email was sent OK. I did open up Mail to see if it did go through.

My question is this: When I hit the send button does it send the email "in the background" without me having to open up Mail to send it?
  2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2007
    On my iPhone

Have you tested your mail prior to sending the photo to make sure it can send/receive?
  3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

Nov 2, 2008
    Yeah, you can move on to other things and the email will keep sending. :)
  4. Italchef macrumors 6502

Nov 3, 2003
    Maple, Ontario
    Just an aside here. I have a problem with mine that I went to the geniuses about. My email will download/push/receive while I'm at home, but when I travel to work in order to get my mail I have to reboot the phone. I was told this is a known issue and has something to do with the phone being able to regain the signal after switching towers. The relelvance here is that if I try to send an email before rebooting, the email will try to send then just disappear without a trace. Obviously I'm not pleased but hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.