Email problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kkillam, Jul 17, 2013.

1. kkillam macrumors member

So this morning, I woke up to find that the email app had downloaded every single email in my entire account. I only have one, but that one has over 10,700 emails in it. Has this happened to anyone else? I know in the past there was an option to limit the number of messages to fifty (pretty sure you couldn't even go higher than that) but it's not in the email settings anymore. Does anyone have a solution for this at all?

Thanks.

2. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Were these all in your inbox?

If so then you could start by organizing some of it into folders; for me at least, it most definitely doesn't keep all the email in the folders for offline use.

Pietro

3. kkillam thread starter macrumors member

The only thing is, its not like business stuff, or anything related to anything. Its also 5 years worth of mail. The whole folders thing would just be a massive hassle. All I want is for it to load just the 50 most recent...

4. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Yeah, I can't find the option anywhere in iOS 7. It might be back before GM.

Pietro

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Folders? Commonly email stays in the inbox but is just flagged with labels.

6. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

There are no labels in iCloud mail... Your only option is to put mail in folders.

Pietro

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps in Gmail, but not essentially in the vast majority of other mail providers/clients.

8. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

Has anyone found a way yet in ios7 to limit the number of emails in your inbox ?