Email problems on 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eashworth, Oct 30, 2008.

1. eashworth macrumors newbie

The email retrieval function on my 3G iPhone works only sporatically. Yesterday, it worked like a champ, retrieving emails all day throughout the day. Today, no emails have been retrieved despite my having received over 20 on my laptop. I can't figure out the pattern of the problem. Both email accounts are POP accounts. A customer service guy at the ATT store looked at my settings and confirmed that they were correct. Are others experiencing this problem? Does anyone have an information on this issue?

2. bacharss macrumors newbie

I was wondering about the same issue. I am using gmail and sometimes I don't get new emails downloaded until I open the email app. The settings are not an issue if it works sometimes. I noticed it especially first thing in the morning, the email icon shows no emails, I open it and starts downloading new emails that I received few hours ago. I am thinking it's a bug?

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

There is a known bug with the fetch in the latest iphone software. unfortunately you need to just go into mail and send/receive if this is happening.

4. bacharss macrumors newbie

Thanks! :)

5. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

My 3G has been doing the same thing lately. When I go into the mail application it is constantly "connecting" and never retrieves the emails. This has only recently started happening and I have been on the latest update for weeks now.

6. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Exact same thing on Yahoo and Exchange server...sucks the battery dry and pisses me off. I'm pretty close to just restoring my phone...

7. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I did a reboot and it fixed the problem. Emails back to normal.